Thursday, November 19, 2009

Third Day of Thanksgiving

Paper. I am surrounded by it here in this room. The minutes from the meeting I attended tonight, the records from which I am typing the Copper Hills Ninth Ward history, family history projects, phone directories, envelopes in which I can mail letters to my friends, a fax from our wonderful insurance agent who is trying to help us set Carson City straight, the notice from the sanitation company letting us know when they'll pick up the garbage next week, music I've printed for my students, receipts and bills that are all evidence that we live and we are noticed, books, books, books, boxes, the door, the beautiful trim on the door and walls, the hardwood floor just outside the door...oops, now I'm getting into the cousins of paper. It's the paper family for which I am so grateful. The posterity of trees. Isn't it wonderful how our needs have been provided for, and we can keep it all lasting longer if we are mindful and use it all wisely.

I haven't even begun to name many ways paper (tree posterity) is displayed throughout my home: music, photographs of family, my piano, the legs of the sofa, the table and chairs, the desks, etc., etc., etc.

Now I am going to get one of my favorite papers: my scriptures. I love to read them and it is part of my routine before I snuggle under the covers. And that leads to another one of my favorite blessings, but you'll have to wait until another day to read about it. Good-night!

No comments: