Saturday, November 21, 2009

Fourth and Fifth Days of Thanksgiving

Oops! I thought about posting last night and got distracted and suddenly I was in dreamland. So tonight I'll take care of two days at once.

I am thankful for food. I LOVE food! I love planning menus, I love cooking, I love eating. For most of my life I could eat anything I wanted, whenever I wanted, and never had to worry about weight gain or any other problems. Then I reached middle age. All those years of being able to enjoy food without guilt caught up with me. But I've learned good eating habits and am more conscious of what and when and how much I eat and I can still enjoy food. Sometimes I feel guilty but most of the time I'm just glad that I live where I have plenty and never have to go hungry. I know I need to give thanks for what I have because there are so many who go to bed hungry every night and wonder if they'll get anything to eat the next day.

I am thankful for airplanes and cars and trains and all the other modes of transportation that are means for being with those we love. Because of the airplanes and cars we have been able to see all of our children and grandchildren this year, and in less than a month we'll be in Virginia awaiting the arrival of grandbaby number fifteen, Noah Badger.

And one more: I'm thankful for a good, thoughtful husband who will get supper on the table while I write in my blog. He's a nice guy.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I wish David was in the kitchen making dinner while I wrote in my blog. Actually, I would settle for David home for dinner! But anyway, yes, you're lucky!

me said...

I wish you could have been at the party I was at tonight at our Bishop's house. The entire night seemed dedicated to how my husband was always taking care of the kids and how every time anyone was at our house he was doing the dishes. Finally someone asked me if I ever did anything. I wanted to say "Yes. I blog." I didn't think that is what they meant. Yeah for great husbands!

And I love the idea of the 10 days of Thanksgiving. Your blog really is inspiring. I love to check it so update more! I would really be grateful for that.

Unknown said...

I'll be especially grateful for airplanes when my mom and daddy can be here for Christmas with Noah :) I just now discovered your 10 Days of Thanksgiving. Thanks for helping me think about things I'm thankful for!