Friday, March 13, 2009

New Adventure; Good-bye, Grantsville, Hello, Elko!

Well, today we are embarking on our new adventure. Elko calls. Michael and Laura came over with the boys last night and helped us with the last of the cleaning. This morning the guys need to load the bed, freezer, and refrigerator--oh, yes, and the desk and computer, too--while I take care of some other matters such as banking, running things over to Lisa's house, etc. Then our caravan will take off: Edna in the red Ford, Laura in the ...(whatever they drive), Michael in Tom's pick-up, and Tom in the twenty-six-foot U-Haul. Brother Matthews will pull the red trailer with the remaining boxes over when we are actually moving into our house. This weekend we will just hang out over there. We've already said our good-byes to family and friends and not wanting to prolong the agony we're going to go ahead even though neither house has closed yet. Perhaps it's risky, perhaps it's dumb, but we're doing it anyway. The houses ARE going to close. It was just a matter of how long we want to have our things sitting on a U-Haul and how much we want in hotel bills. Michael had taken Friday and Monday off so we decided to take advantage of his thoughtfulness and spend the weekend with them. For my birthday, which was yesterday, Laura is taking me to a Kenny Chesney concert tomorrow night in Wendover, which is halfway between where we are now and where we'll be by this afternoon.



So today we officially say good-bye to Grantsville. It's been a nice place to call home for three-and-a-half years. We'll keep our friends and hope to see them occasionally when we come to visit Brandon and Lisa and family. We have had some wonderful experiences here which we will cherish forever. Thanks, Grantsville, for what you have contributed to our growth!

4 comments:

Allie said...

Sister Washburn I will miss you badly! I know you probably have no idea that I read your blog, but I do! I have a blog but it is private so if you email me your email then I can invite you to it! My email is allie.train@gmail.com

Amy said...

Good luck on the drive! I know it's a huge change for you. I'm still adjusting to the fact that I won't be visiting you in Utah anymore. That's a weird thought. Katy & Lisa may never see me again:0) Unless we rendezvous in Nevada...

Edna said...

Allie, I didn't know you read my blog! I hope you know I didn't kiss all those guys. My daughter, Amy, wrote that blog just to have some fun. I'll send you an email so I can be invited to your blog! What a cute photo! I miss you, Allie!!!!

Amy, it's weird for me to think that everyone has to come to Nevada to see us. You know that within the next eighteen months Lisa could end up being the only member of the family still living in Utah. Katy and Richard may end up in the Midwest, and Cindy and Eric could be in Alabama, Virginia, or Moscow--anyway they will all be on the other side of the Mississippi! You will be in the middle of all of us; we may have to have our rendezvous in O'Fallon!

Natalie Marie said...

Definitely going to miss the Washburn Family!!!! :( Are you coming back for the Sociable or is that too soon?