Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm returning to the blog and reporting to my fans...

I probably have nothing to say today that you haven't heard already. We're moving. And you know all the stuff that goes with moving. Selling your house. Buying a new one. Throwing away, giving away, packing away, cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. And waiting. We need to close on this house before we can close on the Nevada one. We aren't betting on which house will be ready for closing first, just hoping the Utah one is ready soon so we'll have our money to close on the Nevada home.

I am looking forward to making the Nevada home mine. I love it! I've lived in so many homes I don't know if I could count them. And this one will be the "best saved for last." I am anxious to become one with it. And I realized last night that the reason I am feeling so anxious about the closings is that everything about this move seems too good to be true. The more time passes without the finality of the home sale and purchase the better chance there is that this dream I'm having will end before I get to see the end of it. And I feel awkward asking God to grant the desires of my heart when so many people in the world would give anything for a roof over their head, for food on their table, to have a job, to be disease-free, to not have to worry about plundering, raping, bombs, etc.

I realized I am so very blessed. But the things that have been happening--Tom getting a job so quickly after being laid off (a job he absolutely loves!), selling our house to our neighbors without having to advertise it (again--just like West Jordan!), qualifying for a new home loan (we thought we'd be renting or living in an RV for awhile), etc.--all these things don't say that we are more righteous or more deserving than anyone else. Many righteous people lose jobs and can't find new ones, they lose their homes, etc. It doesn't mean God doesn't love them. What is happening to Tom and me right now is evidence to me that Heavenly Father wants us in Nevada now. So we're going. And He is making it easier for us to make this move by making some sweet and pleasant things happen. I do love the way Heavenly Father takes care of me, and I pledge my heart and soul to doing whatever it is He wants me to do in my new community. And I dedicate my home to doing His work.

I hope that our friends and family will decide to make that pleasant drive over to the Ruby Mountains in Nevada and stop and visit awhile. Please!

3 comments:

Cidne said...

I'll be sure to visit you whenever I'm in Nevada!

Amy said...

Me too!;0)

Edna said...

I'm counting on seeing all of you there! Have you put it on your calendar yet? We'll be there this weekend, I think. How soon are you coming? Oh, I can hardly wait to have visitors! Yeah!!

Well, I need time to buy a bed for you to sleep on. Give me about two weeks.