Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My turn, my turn!!!!

Well, you probably have wondered what I thought when I read your blogs, Amy and Cindy. (I always knew Cindy wanted to be Amy.) Am I shocked about who was kissing whom and who throws what away? No. Because your blogs made me start thinking about the things that I never told my mother. And I can't think of anything that she didn't know that I would want to share with ANYONE ELSE! EVER!!!! But I thought that maybe there were some things I could confess to my kids...

1. I posted an entry on the Lemon Family Reunion site Saturday night and said I was tired and I was going to bed as soon as I finished my post. Well, I didn't go to bed. I suddenly decided I wanted to read your blogs. So I did, but I didn't dare comment on any because I had already said I was going to bed. So I let all of you think that I hadn't yet seen your blogs. Even though I did. And I went to bed that night pondering just how I would respond to Amy and Cindy especially and making a mental note to call Emily and congratulate her on her lost tooth!

2. Sometimes I watch a BYU devotional instead of read my scriptures. That's when I'm too tired to pick up the books.

3. Sometimes the cats get on the table and lick some food and I don't want it to be wasted so I still give it to your dad and don't tell him it has cat germs.

4. I like to wear sexy clothes but not in public.

5. I used to hide treats in my closet so I wouldn't have to share them with my kids. (Look where that got me--I had to join Weight Watchers!)

6. I haven't scrubbed my bathroom sink and counter for two weeks. (Just wiped it a few times.)

7. Sometimes I actually consider cheating on my points for Weight Watchers. Because I'm hungry and want to eat more. I could eat zero point foods then but sometimes I just want to sink my teeth into something really, really bad for me!

8. I tore some pages from some journals because I didn't want my kids ever to read what I had written.

9. I have had piano students I did not like. Not one bit.

10. When I was teaching at Ben Franklin Academy I lost it one time and left the classroom to have a good cry.

11. I have the desire to have a home as clean and organized as Amy's but I just never get there all the way. But I'm working on it. I need someone else to come in and throw things away for me. I spend too much time reading everything to determine its value, and also I have to decide what I think I should send to my kids so they can have a moment or two of reflection on the past before they throw the items away. Or recycle them. Whatever.

Wow, it's good to get all that off my chest! I bet you can't believe how wicked your mother is!

5 comments:

Amy said...

SHOCKING! Now if any of us confessed any of our REAL sins...

Amy said...

Oh-- and to make everyoe feel better about your houses.. I have not dusted in at least a month. NOT kidding. I HATE dusting. It's the last thing I get around to. But I'll do it before Lisa gets here. I always clean for house guests.

Unknown said...

Yeah, if Eric and I had more guests, I think we'd clean the apartment more. It's so small, though, so it gets messy easily. That also means it only takes a couple hours to do a deep cleaning, though!

Edna said...

I think I need to have some potatoes go rotten somewhere.

Elizabeth Lemon said...

Nathaniel & I just had a good laugh reading your post! We love you!!