Sunday, October 5, 2008

I'm not as young as I used to be...

I nearly forgot I had a blog. Somebody mentioned the word a day or two ago and something stirred inside me and suddenly I remembered! I've been busy, but that's not unusual for me-- that IS me, always trying to get something done. And it's getting harder and harder for me to do what has been so natural for me all my life. As I continue to add years and miles to this body of mine I keep getting reminded that I must pay better attention to what it is telling me. And lately it has been telling me to slow down, don't walk so hard, watch what I put into it, etc. My advice to all you young women: Don't wait until you are older to do the things you should do to keep in shape.

By the way, I did reach my goal and now I am at the maintenance phase in Weight Watchers. Five more weeks of not gaining more than two pounds above my goal and I can be a Lifetime Member which means that I don't have to pay unless I gain too much. And I only have to weigh once-a-month when I'm Lifetime. But the success of the program, which is why it works for me, depends on that "Return and Report."

So this blog really didn't have much content, but at least it's an effort to keep me blogging.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Forgetting you have a blog is a good sign that you have a life. Unlike some of us. I won't say who.

Jessica said...

Congrats on reaching your goal! That's so awesome.

Hmmm... time to get back to the gym. Does painting count as exercise? What if I stop eating chocolate while I do it?