Sunday, October 5, 2008

My "To Do" List

A few years ago our home teacher, Don Davis, suggested making a conference "to do" list so we'd be able to identify the things we felt we should be doing as discussed in General Conference addresses. I make my list after the November Ensign arrives when I can read the talks and underline specific items I want to work on. Sometimes I don't necessarily have to do anything differently but just keep doing what I've already been doing.

One thing the prophet, President Monson, said this time was that we should show gratitude for everything. Of course, I've always known that, and I've tried to be a thankful person, but the first thing on my "to do" list this time is to pay more attention to everything around me and let Heavenly Father know I am aware and grateful for all His blessings.

First on my list tonight is family, and most specifically, I am grateful for my grandchildren who make me smile so much! The things Amy and Jessica shared in their blogs this week about Michael and Emily made me laugh, and I talked to Michael, Emily, Isabella, and Corbin this evening and it wouldn't have mattered if I had a broken leg or a flat tire; hearing those youthful voices tell me what they're up to would have made me forget any pain or frustration.

I could go on and on about the grandchildren, but I'll put all that in my journal instead. Right now I'm going to do some reading and go to bed. Being so happy today has made me tired tonight.

If any of you want to help me make a "to do" list, share your impressions of conference with me!

3 comments:

Amy said...

First on my list: read the conference issue so I can know what they said at conference. In between questions from Michael, diaper blowouts from Benjamin, the media player freezing up (yep, we have to watch it on the internet now) and then the general stupor of a mom whose baby wakes up every 1-2 hours at night... well, I feel like I missed conference. At least I tried.

Katy said...

Yeah, I need to read it, since I missed all of Saturday (BOO to a workshop at the same time as conference, leaving us short-staffed!). Then I also don't remember much from Sunday since I was watching/listening while trying to keep E&A under wraps. It was really great, though, and refreshing to just hear the voices of the prophets and feel that Heavenly Father is aware of us and His servants are tuned in to what we most need these days.

Edna said...

You'll love all the talks!

Now I have to post a new entry on my blog. My daughters deserve it....