Tuesday, December 29, 2009

One of the things I experienced....

I listened to "Wuthering Heights" this year. I had never read the book and had no idea what it was. I enjoyed it immensely! I have read or heard no more beautiful love story than this. And now some of my favorite quotes are from Emily Bronte's writings in this book. I believe these quotes describe the love we should hope to have with the one we wish to be with forever.

  • "...he shall never know how I love him: and that, not because he's handsome, Nelly, but because he's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same; and Linton's is as different as a moonbeam from lightning, or frost from fire."
    - Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights, Ch. 9


  • "If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it."
    - Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights, Ch. 9


  • "Nelly, I am Heathcliff! He's always, always in my mind: not as a pleasure, any more than I am always a pleasure to myself, but as my own being."

My wish for all of you is that this is the kind of love you will experience sometime in your lives.

No comments: