Friday, July 10, 2009

Last and Next

Last night I had my last activity with my Mia Maid class. We had a personal progress activity that was fun for me; I hope the girls had fun, too. Since they all left with bubble gum and Skittles I think they would say they had had a good time. I've had the calling for about two-and-a-half months, which isn't very long, but it was long enough to develop some special friendships with a couple of the young women leaders. And I'll be seeing the girls often when school starts again because most of them are in the choirs that I accompany. I was able to have the "fun" experience of camping in the rain, I taught the girls how to make pies, we had some Sunday lessons that helped me just as much as they helped the girls. It's been a sweet experience, and now I'm looking forward to what's next--because there's always a "next" when it comes to service in the Church.

No comments: