Friday, December 5, 2008

More than enough to spare....

Okay, I just thought of one more thing I wanted to share. I received a phone call this morning minutes before I was to walk out the door and join my walking companions for our daily one-hour walk. The caller ID said "IN Blood Ctr" and I took a moment to consider whether or not this was a call soliciting funds. I decided to answer and find out. The young lady caller asked if I remembered registering for the blood marrow donor list while we lived in Indiana. I said I did. Then she told me that my marrow has been found to be a possible match for a forty-four-year-old man in Indiana. She asked if I would be willing to fill out a health questionnaire to determine if I qualify. I readily agreed and she emailed me the seven-page form which I completed as soon as I returned from my walk. It's already been faxed to her office in Indiana. If they approve me based on what's in the questionnaire, then the next step would be for me to be contacted by an agency in Utah who would do some blood testing. If that turns out well, then I can be a donor. I will not have to leave the state and it will cost me nothing. I would like to do this. But maybe it will turn out the same as my jury summons this year. I was summoned to be available to serve anytime from September 1st to December 31st and I haven't yet been called to the Federal Courthouse. It appears this time I'm not needed. I would really like to serve on a jury someday!

Okay. Now I have to pay my bills. It's on my list of things to do.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I want to serve on a jury, too, and I hope it ends up like 12 angry men, everyone angry at me, the holdout. That would be fun.

Edna said...

I'd love to hear your memoirs about jury duty someday....