Monday, November 21, 2011

Quick update

I need to go to sleep, but I remembered that I had left my blog open so I could make a quick post, so before I shut down my computer and my body I'll tell what I couldn't tell a week ago. I had been summoned for jury duty and had to report last Tuesday. The case was to determine the guilt of a man accused of sexual abuse of a girl under the age of fourteen. I was there for three hours and was fascinated by the process. I was not selected for this jury and am glad to have been spared the awful details of the abuse. The newspaper gave more details than I cared to know. He was found guilty. I hope the young woman heals. I do hope that one day I will be seated on a jury. I would love to be part of the process. The judge last week was so good, and because of things he said and how he said them I am more-than-ever thankful for the jury system.

I hope that all of you are looking forward to a wonderful Thanksgiving with your loved ones.

2 comments:

Katy said...

You've always loved the legal process. You should go to law school! :)

We had a good Thanksgiving, but I missed you!

Amy said...

I think it would be interesting & probably frustrating to be on a jury.