Thursday, August 6, 2009

What Goes Around Comes Around....


Today I loaned my car to a friend with three young children so she can get out and do a few things. Now, if I hadn't thought of it myself and made the offer first, and she had to ask me if she could borrow my car, how could I possibly have said "no" when my own daughter is halfway across the country from me, has no family around to help, and finds herself in the same situation--no car, young kids, can't go anywhere? And she has a good friend who did for her what I would have done if I had been there and could have helped. I realized all this after I got home from taking my car to Chelsea. Thank goodness for friends (my children's friends and my friends)! And Sandi's at the top of my list for many reasons; today it's for taking me to town because I didn't have a car to get me there. I've learned we never have to do it alone. There's always someone eager to help because they've been helped before, too.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Amen! Thank goodness for people with cars to loan out!

Sandi said...

I would take you to town any day Edna - that's what sisters are for right! Any way I benefit from the wisdom you share on those rides. You are at the top of my list for many reasons, too.