Saturday, June 6, 2009

I did it for Brandon.


There have been times when I have felt very sad that I had to leave my cats, Calvin and Hobbes, in Grantsville. I know they are with a good family. But I miss them so! I avoid the pet food aisles in the grocery stores. I skip over the photos of them in Picasa. Sometimes it hurts my heart deeply.



But tonight Brandon, my son-in-law who is deathly allergic to cats, stopped to visit us. I put my arm around his shoulder and walked with him toward our home, into the door, and welcomed him to our "dander-free" home. I realized at that moment that the sacrifice I made was not too great. I love Brandon and it was worth it to have a home where he could come and breath deeply and enjoy himself along with the rest of the family.


I'll keep remembering tonight every time I turn my head when passing the pet food aisle.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Lemon said...

That's a good idea. I had to leave my cats when my parents sold our house once. It was very sad for me, but now my 2 nephews and brother-in-law with cat allergies can come over without any worry. It is worth it!

Amy said...

That was a very nice gesture to do that for Brandon. I'm sure he appreciates it.