Friday, April 24, 2009

Still darling but not so little...


My baby graduated from college today. It's been such a busy two days here in Provo that I haven't had a lot of time to think about how it makes me feel to see my youngest in her cap and gown, standing by the side of her terrific husband who is also wearing a BYU cap and gown. They will be leaving in a few weeks to go to Virginia Commonwealth for his graduate school work. I think I am working hard to just be so happy for them and all their accomplishments and sharing in the excitement of the adventures that lie ahead. I dare not consider what it is doing to my heart to see my darling little girl step with her husband out into the world where there is so much uncertainty and such instability. What I can be sure of though is that Eric loves Cindy and is so good for her, and she loves and adores him and would follow him to Russia if he wanted to go there. And they stand on a firm foundation built on faith in the Lord. I know they will be alright. But I may still shed a tear or two...or three....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I think I'd be disappointed if you didn't at least cry a little bit... ;) I love you, Mom. Thanks for coming to graduation and getting that fun party together. It was wonderful to spend time with my family and just enjoy each other's company.

Edna said...

I had a blast!!!!! Do you think we can have another party like that when Eric gets his master's degree?

Unknown said...

Haha, sure. We'll host it.

Amy said...

Okay, so why didn't we do Karoake when I graduated from college??!! Next time I graduate from college, I demand Karoake! AND lots of little kids in pajamas!

Edna said...

I don't think they had karaoke that long ago, Amy. That's relatively new technology. :)
And we certainly didn't have lots of little kids back then, either! (But, oh, we surely have them now!)
And I'm curious: What do you plan to study in college next time around?