Sunday, January 18, 2009

I'm not Amy, if that's what you're thinking

Amy is not writing this post. No, it's me, Edna, and, no, Amy would never do anything to abuse the power I gave her when sharing my username & password so she could help me with my layout. Amy's just not like that.

I haven't posted in too, too long. Here are some things you might not know about me:

1. I kissed about 200 boys in high school, but only about 150 in college before I married Tom. Since then it's a lot less.
2. I'm thinking about a navel ring. What do you think?
3. I'm sick, sick, sick of being so happy all the time. I just want to grouch around for once in my life.
4. My favorite airplane read: The Communist Manifesto.
5. Of all my kids, Amy is the only one who has not completely disappointed me. Yet.
6. I wish I could get away with wearing more bows, ruffles & gemstones.
7. I never curse in English, but I know curse words in 40 foreign languages, so I can get it out of my system.
8. Sometimes when my kids call me to whine about how hard their lives are I make faces at their pictures on the wall.
9. When I'm all alone at home and I'm sure nobody is going to come home & surprise me... I like to dress up in a leotard & legwarmers try my hand at some hot dance moves.
10. Sometimes, to keep Tom on his feet, I break stuff around the house & pretend I don't know how it happened.

Once again, I don't know why you would even suggest that Amy wrote this post. You're way off.

8 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, this was a great post, Mom, and you definitely revealed some stuff about yourself that was surprising.

Edna said...

I'm sure there are more surprises yet to come!

p.s. Grandpa and I haven't stopped laughing yet...

Edna said...

another p.s.: I was warming a tortilla so I could have supper ready for Tom when he got home. But I hurried to check my email while it was warming. Then Grandpa peeked into the office and I suddenly got the idea I should show him your blog. Before we got all the way through and while reading one of Michael's updates and lost in that world where I go when I'm reading your extremely fun posts, I smelled something burning. Yes, you guessed it: I burned the tortilla a solid ebony and it is now in the garage garbage can and candles are burning in the kitchen and fans are going and the window is open and I sprayed two different sprays and still when Dad walked into the house he asked, "What did you burn?" And then he said he didn't want any supper anyway....

Amy said...

So, what? Are you blaming me for the tortilla?

Edna said...

Don't you think you ought to take the blame? I could also blame you because I couldn't find my glasses when they were on my face. I could blame you because I put the milk in the pantry instead of in the refrigerator. When our kids are younger they blame everything on us. When we are older we should be able to blame everything on our kids.

Amy said...

Oh, I STILL blame you for everything, Mom. SO it's not your turn yet. Sorry.

Amy said...

Don't you think it's odd nobody ever commented on this post? I wonder if 1. people stopped reading your blog because they hate your playlist 2. people were offended by your kissing so many men 3. they were confused by the post because they don't know who Amy is & they thought this was Edna's blog. Oops must have the wrong url! 4. they were mad to find out you got help with your layout; that's cheating.

I don't know. What do you think?

Edna said...

I think that my blog was so boring at first that no one wants to take time to read it anymore. Too bad, because they're missing the best posts! (Kind of makes me feel bad in a way; but I have to decide that I'm not blogging for anyone else--it's just a way of journaling.) Right now with your help it's turned into a nice way of forgetting about serious things and getting some good medicine--that laughter--so when I walk out of my office I feel a lot lighter! Thanks, Amy, for being such a light in my life!