Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Things I've Learned

Things I've learned:

If you cry with your glasses on, you get salt spots all over the glass.

Elko, Nevada, is not like Las Vegas, Nevada. It is much, much colder!

Seeing your grandchildren in photos is nice but it's not as nice as being able to hold them and hug them and dance with them and read to them while they're sitting on your lap.

It gets harder and harder to maintain your weight the older and older you get.

If you leave your weights in the car too long they are too cold to hold in your hands.

Just because you get older it doesn't mean your problems are fewer or easier.

But when you get older you do find there are more things to be thankful for. Like hair dye, orthotics, bifocals, hearing aids, large-print, and grandchildren.

Having friends is life-saving. Sometimes for you, sometimes for them. It works both ways.

Grown-up kids show a parent how effective their parenting was.

Sunlight is nice any time we can get it in the winter time.

Home is a good place to be.

When you fly Southwest, be certain to do the online check-in twenty-four hours before your flight so you can be in the first group of boarders.

Southwest still lets you check the first two bags for FREE!

You are supposed to take your thyroid medicine a half hour before you eat something and four hours before you eat or drink anything with calcium or iron. That messes with my breakfast routine.

Early church meetings are better. For me, anyway. I like having my afternoon free to write letters and read.

Writing in my journal and crocheting are therapeutic for me.

Things that feel good are clean sheets, clean teeth, clean rooms, clean dishes, clean hair, clean cars.

And I'm done for tonight. But since I'm over fifty years old I have learned many more things than I can possible remember.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I could always fly Southwest...although flying other airlines has taught me to pack really light!

Elizabeth Lemon said...

love you

Amy said...

Good stuff.