Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lifetime!!!

Last week I became a Lifetime Member of Weight Watchers! That was a big day for me. What that means is that I don't have to pay to go in and be weighed and attend the meetings, unless I have gained two pounds or more over my goal weight. That will keep me mindful of what I eat. I've learned a lot the last few months, and I have to say that I am so glad my own children have learned these same things much earlier than I did. I thought I was a good mother, feeling my children well, teaching them good health habits. But I'd always been able to eat anything without it affecting my weight so I hadn't learned to be careful about how much fatty and sweet food I ate. It all caught up with me after I'd had all my babies and especially when I reached menopause.

I am feeling so good now, though, that I never want to gain back any of that unneeded weight. One day I will have to return and report to my God what I did with this body He gave me. I hope I will be able to tell Him I took good care of it and thus was able to be a more useful and fit tool in His hands.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Yay for you! You worked hard and you deserve to enjoy your success!

JanieJ said...

I'm an on again off again Weight Watcher (on again now!) so I really admire those that can hold to it and reach their goals! Way to go Edna! :)

Cindy said...

Yay!!!

Elizabeth Lemon said...

that's pretty darn cool. you are great!

Katy said...

Way to have self-control. Wish I had some. :) Congrats!